NE Webinars are a member benefit of Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE) DPG. Most webinars are free to NE members. If a webinar is “Open Access”, then it is open to non-members as well. If you are not a member of NE, it is only $40 annually and you receive 18+CEUs annually free with your membership. More info on Joining NE.
Purpose, People and Profit: The 3 P’s of Building a Nutrition Group Practice
March 29, 2023 @ 1:00 pm EST
Speaker: Hannah Turnbull
Description: Many RDs will have their own solo private practice and will be wondering, what next? A natural next step RDs consider is hiring and building a group practice. What often is left out of the conversation is the changes, growth and struggle that comes with going from solo to group. This webinar will talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of group practice from a people, profit and purpose lens.
- Participants will be able to identify if and when they are ready to build a nutrition group practice
- Participants will have a basic understanding of different types of team structures and considerations including contractors versus employees, building a leadership team, and outsourcing tasks to specialized department
- Participants will gain understanding of the transition from clinician to leader and the differences between managing and leading a team
2.4 Employs strategies for and facilitates team building skills.
3.1 Demonstrates and applies leadership skills.
4.1.4 Aligns work with organizational policies, strategic plans, mission statements, and visions.
Leveraging Social Media To Build A Profitable Private Practice
April 25, 2023 @ 1:00 pm EST
Speaker: Marissa Carlin, MS, RD, LDN
As social media continues to grow exponentially more and more information is being consumed every single minute. With that there is an increase in incorrect information being shared from people lacking credentials or experience that can be harmful to the general population. We believe that Dietitians should be at the forefront of education on social media platforms and with Facebook having nearly 3 billion active users, if used correctly, could have a massive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. By assisting Dietitians in understanding the platform with the intention of first providing value and education to the general public we can begin to make a shift in the type of content people are consuming, content that is coming from healthcare professionals and secondly help private practice owners gain more clients because of it.
- Discover five benefits associated with using Facebook personal timelines and Facebook groups
- Understand how to effectively brand their Facebook profile using cover photos, profile pictures, and bio.
- Implement principles of consumer social psychology to develop social media content to engage consumers
2.1.4 Uses a variety of media to deliver information.
4.2.6 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
9.3.5 Uses a variety of strategies to deliver education.