Sat, Oct 20th 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Venue: Eaton D.C. – MAP
Registration Closed –
Email NEadmin@NEdpg.org if you are wanting a last minute spot.
That’s right, it’s time to start getting excited for FNCE® and our annual NE member networking event at a one-of-a-kind venue, Eaton DC Hotel. This year we’re bringing back our popular Speed Networking sessions where you’ll be able to mix and mingle with fellow entrepreneurs. And because this is the year that NE is all about YOU, we’ll have our NE Member Mini-Expo again as well.
NE Saturday Workshop: Essential Skills for Building a Functional & Successful Nutrition Business: Research, Practice and Professional Growth
Sponsored by PepsiCo’s North America Nutrition
Sat, Oct 20th 11am – 3pm
Independence Ballroom D-E
Send a quick email to Lauri Egan if you are wanting a last minute spot.
Free to NE members, this is an event you will not want to miss!
- Being a Functional Entrepreneur: how to clearly communicate, navigate difficult conversations and be your own best advocate. Presented by Michele Gravelle.
- Functional Nutrition 101: what is functional nutrition, should you incorporate a functional approach to health maintenance, and how do you do it? Presented by Mary Purdy, MS, RDN.
- Staying Relevant in the Functional Food Space: how to stay on top of the functional food research and how to responsibly articulate the science to consumers. Presented by Wendy Bazilian, DrPH, RDN
Lunch will be provided. Eligible for 3 CEUs.
NE Specialty Group Meetings Sunday, Oct 21st
NE DPG Specialty Group Mtg Session 1 — Event Flyer
Tech & Social Media Second Career Dietitians, Authors & Writers
Sun, Oct 21st 5:15pm to 6:15pm
Marriott Marquis – Chinatown
Come join us at FNCE® for an expert panel revealing how to:
- Identify your Niche in Dietetics
- Name your Unique Strengths
- Build a Successful Online Presence
- Use Online Engagement to Grow Your Business
- Build Expertise through Writing
- Start a Private Practice as a Second Career Dietitian
- Use an Online Presence for the Social Good
NE DPG Specialty Group Mtg Session 2 — Event Flyer
Coaching, Private Practice
Sun, Oct 21st 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Marriott Marquis – Shaw
Come join the NEdpg Private Practice and Coaches Specialty Group session for an informative and interactive session. In the nations’ capitol, you can capitalize on your entrepreneurial skills! If you have a product that you can donate for a give-away, please bring it to the session. Also, don’t forget your business cards.
NE DPG Specialty Group Mtg Session 3
Corporate Wellness, Speakers & Media
Sun, Oct 21st 7pm to 8pm
Marriott Marquis – Chinatown
Looking to break into or enhance your skills in speaking, media and/or corporate wellness? Come join the NEdpg speakers/media and corporate wellness specialty groups for an hour of networking and advice from the best in the business! Dawn Jackson Blatner and Wellness Corporate Solutions Juliet Rodman and Melissa McDonough will be discussing their experiences and how to enhance your business in their respective areas! Come learn how to make your mark!
NE DPG/MIG ShowCase Booth #3141
Monday, Oct 22nd 9am to 12pm
Walter E. Washington Expo Hall B
One-on-one mentoring available at the booth! Join NE DPG on Monday 10/22 in the Expo Hall for FREE mini-mastermind sessions! You’ll be paired up with an NE mentor in small groups of 3-4 people, with the ability to ask questions, pick the mentor’s brain, and get feedback and input on your business or business idea. Mentor expertise includes private practice, corporate wellness, marketing, communications, consulting, speaking and more! Sign up via the link below. Questions, contact Alissa Rumsey